Friday 24 June 2011

Centenary Magdalene May Ball 2011

On Wednesday I attended the Magdalene May Ball in Cambridge to celebrate the end of an era as my smarty pants bf graduates to become Dr. bf.



 Starting at 6.30pm and ending just before 9am it was a night full of glamour, decadence, fun and endurance!
 
On arrival we were greeted by a champagne reception and oyster bar, which we took full advantage of!

I chose to wear a purple asymmetric Grecian inspired dress from Coast, which I paired with nude shoes and bag from Zara. To adhere to the white tie dress code I also added long black satin gloves (from ebay) and a black shawl from H&M. As the neckline of the dress has some pleated detailing I decided to forgo a necklace and instead add some sparkle with a diamond tennis bracelet, tear drop earrings from Mikey, a large black and silver ring and a hair clip from Swarovski.
For makeup that would last the full 15 hours I used:
Mix of Estee Lauder's Double Wear and Rimmel's Lasting Finish 25 hour foundation set with MAC mineralize skinfinish natural
NARS Laguna Bronzer
MAC well dressed blush
UDPP
MAC electra, knight divine, carbon and vapour eyeshadows
Collection 2000 glitter liner for the lower lashline and L'Oreal carbon gloss liquid liner in black
Ardell runway lashes
MAC creme cup lipstick
Clarins instant light lipgloss
 With limited dressing facilities I went back to basics and styled my hair using the Babyliss heated rollers. I back combed the top sections to add some volume and secured the back with a hair clip.
We had such a fantastic night sampling all the food, drink and entertainment on offer, which included copious cocktails and champagne, fish spa pedicures, The Mystery Jets, Truly Medley Deeply, various comedy acts, burlesque, salsa dancing, sushi platters, magicians and much more!
 The Mystery Jets
By the time morning came we were happily exhausted.. but we made it!
We survived the Magdalene May Ball... and are already looking forward to the next one in 2013! :) xxx
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. You look stunning Natalya. Love your dress, its so classy. Your Boyfriend and you , make a gorgeous couple. Brains aswel as beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dress is absolutely gorgeous, love the colour :) You looked fab and looked like you guys had a good night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous hair, make up, dress.... everything. Looks like you both had a great time x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. uu look beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are bringing back Mayweek memories for me! Nothing like a Cambridge ball. Fab. You look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved this post. You look incredible
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Вы шикарные! Gossip girl отдыхает ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look absolutely stunning- you could be attending a red carpet event! Congratulations to the boyf for graduating xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw you that night, I was the girl in the big champagne wedding dress type thing :P I'm a subscriber on YouTube, didn't want to come over and disturb you or anything but you looked really beautiful :) Hope you had a good time! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you really enjoyed the Yoursushi stand where we were teaching sushi making during the night and also giving you lots of Sushi!
    The pedicure thing was weird! I saw you on that night, funny to read your blog!
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the blue dress a lot! And you are so beautiful ;) i realy like your hair!!<3.

    Xoxo Emma

    My blog: fashion-with-Emma.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your lashes - which Ardell Runway did you wear?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm starting at Magdalene in October - see you there in 2013!!

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig